[Ansteorra] opinion

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:21:54 PST 2011

  You never can tell when it will come in handy.

  When I interviewed with my current employer I had mentioned that I was a
part of a historical reenactment group and that I made costumes and waas an
accomplished seamstress and that was one of the reasons I was so detail
oriented. Little did I know the woman I was interviewing with also was an
accomplished seamstress and made very intricate quilts in her spare time
away from work. We had a nice chat about projects we had in the wings and I
got the job.

 Lady Augustina Elizabetta da San Germano

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2011, Viviana Rowntree <tinygypsylady at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As a former HR person for a larger Tech company and someone who did
>> sourcing for a Financial institution, keep in mind it should be
>> specific to the position you are looking for.
>>
>> Resumes more than 3 pages are typically too long.  A resume with
>> more than 1/2 a page or less of hobbies would not be considered at
>> first glance either.
>>

> As an aside, there is a lot of good and free advice for job searchers
> at Workforce Solutions, a private, publicly-funded non-profit
> organization.  (Huh, I thought they were part of the Texas Workforce
> Commission.)  They have a couple of classes on resume construction.
> (Note: at the north location, there's more info than they can fit in
> one class, so they continue it in the negotiating class as well.)
> You can also find pointers to resume review sessions.  The one I went
> to, I sat down with peers to critique each others' resumes.
>
> There are a lot of tips and factors to consider.
>
> As I understand it, longer resumes should be reserved for older people
> who have more valuable experience to list.  Also, targeting for the
> company is indeed good.
>
> Dannet de Lincoln
> --
> Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com