[Ansteorra] opinion

Elisabeth B. Zakes kitharis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:25:32 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 06:00, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> For me, it would depend a lot on the company. If they seem the sort who
> might understand and appreciate the SCA, then yes, I'd tell them. If
> they're the sort who might understand, I'd give them a sanitized
> version--"I've won a number of fencing competitions in an international
> historical re-creation organization" perhaps. And if they're really stodgy,
> then I wouldn't say anything about it.
>
>        -Tivar Moondragon

I've listed the Pelican in modern terms (highest award for service in an
international non-profit corporation), and when applicable, mentioned that
I've done event planning for X years. I've also listed other
accomplishments from volunteer or unpaid work. One of those got me the job
before the one I have now and contributed to the job I have now.

Just because it isn't in "corporate America" doesn't mean your
accomplishments, skills, and talents aren't worth putting on a resume.

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad