[Ansteorra] Fast Hanse's Casa de Fortuna- OPEN

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:04:10 PDT 2011

At 11:02 AM 10/21/2011, Sir D wrote:

>Well, after 30 years or so, this prizefighting epidemic

Sir, I am insulted. Calling the tournament to choose the next Queen's
Champion a "prizefight" is like comparing Crown Tourney to a
cock-fight. Within our period, a prize fight was a public
demonstration of a student's skill and readiness to advance to the
next rank within the London Masters of Defense. A few decade later,
prize fighting was a public money-making spectacle more akin to the
WWF than honorable combat. But neither practice bears any similarity
to what will be happening on the field tomorrow before Her Royal
Majesty, Amelot.

As for it being an epidemic, well, rapier fighting has been likened
to a disease before, by people of high rank and higher ignorance.

Maybe this was meant as a joke, but if so, it was in *very* poor taste.

         -Tivar Moondragon
Premier Member, Order of the White Scarf
         Champion to HRM Tessa