[Ansteorra] Same-Sex Consorts

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 06:39:12 PDT 2011

So I take it you are also against discarding the concept of theocratic
kingship that pervaded the Middle Ages/Renaissance, and I also take it you
are against the concept of crowns stepping down after six months. These
things also do not accurately portray life as it was in the Middle Ages. I
don't know of a single medieval/Renaissance king who only ruled six months
and then willingly stepped down, and I don't know of a single medieval
coronation ceremony that was not actually performed by the Church. Kings
and queens in the Current Middle Ages do not rule/reign "by the grace of
God," and they are not anointed by bishops (the anointing being more
central to a coronation ceremony than the actual act of crowning). We
should bring the Church into the Current Middle Ages (if our kingdoms are
pagan and not Christian, from what gods do our kings claim descent?), and
we should allow our kings to reign for the rest of their lives and also
pass their kingdoms on to their own children.

Do you REALLY want to go that route?

Detlef

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 11:51 PM, John Yates <valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Are those advocating same-sex consorts for Crown doing so to more
> accurately portray life as it was in the Middle Ages?
>
> I thought not.
>
> I'm against it.
>

> Val

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!