[Ansteorra] ransoming

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 09:49:01 PDT 2011

Private deeds were just that.  At Lilies several years ago, Sir Johannes
and I, along with Count Roderick and perhaps one other, met in single
combat on foot and at the barrier in the merchants area.  We fought to 7
counted blows in each venue before moving to the next combat.

Higher levels of violence can be as simple as fighting to multiple counted
blows, or even such rule modifications as "only head blows count".

As for the ransoms, I have given some of my homemade mead before (ransomee
was over 21), as well as belt leather, a pouch of dollar coins.  Nothing
really worth more than 5 or 6 dollars, but still something.

JP

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.