[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consorts‏

Dan Baker lordrhys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 16:00:22 PDT 2011

A past king of the Midrealm made each of his children a court baron.
Bestowing titles on their children is a very period practice, and totally
within the right of the crown....but Ohh the storm that caused.

In keeping with that idea, a monarch could grant something to their
partner/spouse/significant other, or anyone else they wish to honor.  I do
not see a need to allow same sex consorts on the throne.  It seems t me
that in an effort to not offend one person, you go out of your way to
offend many others.  And no I am not saying that the offense is the sexual
orientation.  I absolutely support the rights of any member of the SCA,
male, female, gay, or straight to go through the time and effort, and
following the rules to win Crown.  I chose not to support the "right" to
put a same sex consort on the other throne.

-Capten Rhys