[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consortsâ€

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 18:38:45 PDT 2011

At 07:20 PM 10/30/2011, you wrote:

>That--the relationship that the Queen has with the rapier community--is the
>main sticking point I see. If a reign were to see two kings--or two
>queens--on the thrones, who would elevate worthies to the WSA?

The Crown, of course. The White Scarf and the rapier folks aren't the
sole playground of Her Majesty--we'll let His Majesty play with us if
he wishes. Remember that our oath at Coronation pledges our loyalty
to the Queen *and* the King (in that order.) On the other hand, a
reign with two Queens would be *very* interesting indeed.

>"The
>consort"? That actually does sound kinda flat. (I forget--who elevated
>white scarves during Rowan's reign as QR?) What would become of the Queen's
>Championship tournament that has become such a huge part of Ansteorran
>life? These are practicalities that would have to be dealt with. The rapier
>community has--deliberately or not--created a nigh cult of Ansteorran
>queenship,

It was *very* deliberate, and intended that way even before we became
a kingdom. I'm quite pleased with how it's worked out.

         -Tivar Moondragon