[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consorts‏

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun Oct 30 18:52:48 PDT 2011

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011, bsmall at suddenlink.net wrote:
> Of course this brings up the interesting question of what might
> happen should we have a Queen/Queen reign. ... Would there be 2
> tournaments, one for each Sovereign?

A terminology note: the Glossary in the SCA Governing Documents
defines

     Sovereign and Consort: The victor in the Royal Lists and the
     victor's consort, respectively, after their Coronation or
     Investiture.

So by this definition, there would be exactly one Sovereign (the
winner of Crown Tourney) and one Consort (the one for whom they
fought).

Daniel de Lindo
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com