[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consorts‏

Peter Wohlers donpieter at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 09:49:59 PDT 2011

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you? Yes a West crown banned rapier surfing their reign. They even called it a plague on the SCA. It took more that 6 months for their program to recover. It took quite a long time for it to recover.

I am just simply pointing out the effect something like this could and would have on a community in the SCA. You seem to be running on a platform of being "fair" to one community but in doing so you are totally ok with removing the one who inspires another community and are telling us that we need to suck it up.  I am sorry but no we do not.

This whole thing as I see it looks like this. People join a soccer team don't want to be a goalie but want to use their hands, is it right for them to ask for a rule change? A few people join a Shakespeare company but would rather do musicals, is it fair to change the whole company for those few? A few muslim students enroll at a private catholic college and want all the crosses taken down because it offends them.
In all these cases the people that joined knew the rules and situation going in. How is it fair to the people that were already playing by the rules, to have to change their game and everything they know of it for a few that want the rules to change for them?

You ask why my desire to worship someone in a dress should come before someone else's desires? First I have been doing mine legally within the rules of the SCA for 20 years. You should be asking the same question with as much distain as you seem to have for me, my community and our desires to those who would look to change our laws and traditions. Second because it is my right to do so.

Don Pieter Rausch

CAVE QUID DICIS,QUANDO,ET CUI

Sent from my iPhone