[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consorts

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 20:36:39 PDT 2011

At 12:20 PM 10/31/2011, you wrote:

>But recover it did. I was simply pointing out that I believe your
>community is more resilient than you give it credit for.
>
>And incidentally, I do know something about that situation. If it was
>just a safety issue (as someone else suggested) they wouldn't have
>issued an exception for Lochac, which they did. Rapier activities were
>still permitted in Lochac because it was important to the Princess on
>the throne there, and she convinced the King that he was unlikely to
>venture to Lochac and have his sensibilities offended by seeing rapier
>activities.

It was a *lot* more than a safety issue--that was just an excuse--it
had to do with messy politics and people being stupid.

But that was over ten years ago, and a thousand miles from here, in a
kingdom with traditions that are *very* different from Ansteorra's,
so it's not terribly relevant to the current discussion.

         -Tivar Moondragon