[Ansteorra] Regarding fires!

Courtney Anderson kicker5157 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 14:05:33 PDT 2011

Latest reports put the Bastrop fire at +25,000 acres per satelite images.
Many of the evacuees had to leave and had to turn loose their 4 legged friends into the fire to fend for themselves.

Once the fire is contained and roadblocks are down we will be mounting a mounted and vehicle search party to look for the loose animals.
If you live in any of the affected areas and see loose livestock please report their location to the local non emergency dispatch.

This helps track the animals locations as well as keep our firefighters safe by making them aware of loose livestock in the area to avoid vehicle accidents.

If you would like to help out all fire depts are calling for bottled water, gatoraide, snack food such as packaged crackers, cookies, non perishable easy to open and eat on the go food items.
Please take these items to your local fire dept to drop off or ask for the location of the nearest shelter.

Please do not go to the evacuated areas or fire areas, this causes traffic back ups for people trying to evacuate.

If you would like additional info feel free to contact me or call the redcross.

Courtney Anderson
Chisholm Trail Fire Rescue
Bluebonnet Equine Human Society