[Ansteorra] Nicknames in the SCA-starting a conversation

Lisa A. May Maaggie1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 10:09:57 PST 2012

I tend to look at it the same way Pug does. Most of my friends call me Maggie, and that's what I expect to answer to most of the time. However, when formal introductions are being made, when in Court or when I'm being addressed as "the countess," I expect to be introduced as  "Countess Margaret."  Depending on the circumstances, I can then leave it formal or ask them to call me Maggie. It always makes me twitch when people mix the two different "modes" and call me Countess Maggie, and I try to gently tell them that it's either Maggie or Countess Margaret please!

Countess Margaret ny Connor
Barony of the Steppes
Kingdom of Ansteorra

"And do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily then eat and drink as friends."  Wm. Shakespeare