[Ansteorra] Nicknames in the SCA-starting a conversation

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 08:52:18 PST 2012

At 08:25 AM 12/18/2012, you wrote:

>I handled it by carefully researching, selecting, and registering a
>period, 15th century English name that's easy to say and remember.
>
>   Miles Grey

My name is a bit unusual, so I do get odd pronounciations (and
occasionally, odd spelling: Tyvar, rather than Tivar.) <shrug> You
learn to live with being called TEE-var or Ti-VARR and gently correct
the folks who get it wrong.

What *really* puzzled me was the herald who got Tivar right, but
mispronounced Moondragon.

         -Tivar (rhymes with prybar) Moondragon