[Ansteorra] Underage Participation In The SCA

Franchesca Bush franchescabush at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 08:06:03 PST 2012

I couldn't participate if I couldn't bring my daughter.  I just can't
afford to pay for events and babysitters every time.  Do I worry about my
daughter?  Yes.  Of course.  But I have to choose to trust people or we
would never leave the house.

While Alexys is only 2, we do have two other children in CA who are
teenaged girls.  I suppose the thing to do is to raise them well, and teach
them right from wrong and teach them to avoid situations that can get them
in trouble.  They may still get into situations that may get them into
trouble.  But to deny them participation because of some possibility, would
deny them chance at a well-rounded life.  While they may not choose to grow
up in the SCA as they get the opportunity to decide, they will still have
an opportunity that many people do not have.

People like to sue.  They like to place blame on other people.  They don't
want to accept that they should have, could have, done something.  I
suppose it means we need to know each other better and be tighter knit
community.

Francisca