[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Bill Toscano liamstliam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:18:57 PST 2012

Can we remember through all this that a background check would not have
kept Ben from being allowed to work with kids. He would have passed it.

I know of at least one other case in the East where there was child abuse,
and that person also would have passed the background checks.

The only reason the SCA has been pushing them as a defense against future
suits, because my understanding is that the lawyers were concerned there
was no defense against "So you did not background checks on people you
trusted to work with students?"

Background checks will not solve the issue.

What if someone is not working with working with kids?

He/she can still come to events and commit the crimes.

We cannot give everyone background checks.

Liam