[Ansteorra] Lawsuit, Children, Liability

Dana Busenbark danab-steppes at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 8 07:27:11 PST 2012

Have you thought much about what that money will likely be used for, or could be used for? If these abuses happened time and time again to some of these children, that money could be used for counseling sessions. Those sorts of things can also be stipulated in a lawsuit, what a portion of the money that is given to the person. I know because I've seen this happen. We don't know what this money will be used for, but if it were me, I'd be getting my child some help with that money. These are the sorts of things that don't go away easily, even after the fact.

On Feb 7, 2012, at 6:14 PM, Paul DeLisle wrote:

> I disagree, Rose. This *IS* about money.
> If it *weren't* about money, the settlement would be a Court-approved
> modification to the SCA By-Laws.
> I'm sorry to disillusion you, hun...but sadly...it *IS* about money (even
> more sadly....mostly for the Lawyers.)

Fiona the Needleworker
a.k.a. Fionnbharr le Nedlere
m.k.a. Dana Busenbark