[Ansteorra] The original complaint filed.

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:09:14 PST 2012

At 05:15 PM 2/9/2012, Eve wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Cionaodh O'Hosey
><CionaodhOHosey at verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Feb 9, 2012, at 4:20 PM, chris st. john wrote:
> >
> >> If you answer no to these questions, why would you not report a child in
> >> an unsafe situation?
> >

> > I would always report such things, that said, not wanting to have to look
> > out for the safety of children makes me want to seek an adult
> only activity.
> > I doubt I am alone.
> >
> > Cionaodh O'Hosey
>
>I have a brilliant idea! Let's see how "not alone" you are with this
>thought. Plan a no-children event. It can be like an SCA event in
>every other way, hold whatever activities you like (chivalric combat,
>rapier, archery, equestrian, feasting, classes) pick whatever theme
>inspires you, but just have a "no minors are permitted onsite at this
>event" policy. See if a group will agree to sponsor it. Then see how
>many people attend and you'll have your answer.
>
>And no, before anyone thinks this is sarcasm, it's not. Some of us
>might like to have a day free of children (ours or anyone else's).
>There might be a permanent home for this on the calendar if it does
>well. And if it's a complete failure, well then we know we don't have
>to even discuss the idea of the entire society going child-free ever
>again.

Well... to really meet Cionaodh's goal of a child-free SCA, you'd
have to have an event that not only didn't allow children, but didn't
allow people who *have* children to attend. Or maybe you could cut
the parents a little slack, and if they've got kids, then only one
parent could attend, while the other one stayed home with the kids.

That'd be a much more realistic portrayal of the SCA he seems to want.

         -Tivar Moondragon