[Ansteorra] The original complaint filed.

Rose rose_welch at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 17:48:24 PST 2012

The problem with dividing costs is that you'd have to do it for everyone. How much do fighting activities cost? Surely more than art activities. You don't want to pay for my kiddos, I understand. I don't want to pay for your martial activities. Then we have a gate where you're charged based on what you're planning on doing (or what you claim you're planning on doing) and it all goes pear-shaped. As for the MoC position, it's never been a required position. You're free to skip on that office and those activities. Of course, I've found that the people generally filling those offices are parents themselves, so I don't know what we'd save, aside from that $2,500 a year.

I see your point about the costs of the lawsuit, but I disagree with placing this lawsuit on the heads of children. Remember, this lawsuit wasn't about children's activities. It was about the inaction of our adults. Instead, it should be placed on our legal counsel, who didn't see this coming after it came for everyone else and didn't heed many, many warnings about our honeypot of a corporate organization, and everyone who was content to allow our legal counsel to do nothing. Which is almost all of us.

-Rose

Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile. ~Hippocrates