[Ansteorra] The original complaint filed.

Cionaodh O'Hosey CionaodhOHosey at verizon.net
Thu Feb 9 18:39:41 PST 2012

On Feb 9, 2012, at 7:48 PM, Rose wrote:

> The problem with dividing costs is that you'd have to do it for
> everyone. How much do fighting activities cost? Surely more than
> art activities.

OK, i am willing to do that, i have no idea what the legal fees have
been for fighting but the fighting community should pay for it, that
said there are more fighters attending and paying full price at
events, than there are underage participants attending and paying
half price or less.

On a event cost scale underage participation costs are minimal, the
next lowest is fighting, the largest tournament in the kingdom can be
held in a 125 foot X 100 foot field and have 125 or more fighters
most city or state parks can do that for free. A & S activities are a
much more expensive thing, barring a free site, an air-conditioned
site that could have 125 participant's display tables would cost
thousands.

Feasts costs have bothered me at times, we generally only charge the
food costs at feast events, never mind that the site that has a
kitchen costs $500 more than a site that does not and we need the
kitchen for the feast. So everyone at the event has to pay more for a
site with a kitchen so the feast eaters can have their feast at food
costs, not the costs of the kitchen plus the food. This is why events
with feasts tend to cost more than events with out feasts.

If the costs of underage participation is 40% of our costs, and the
revenue from underage participation with their families is about 40%
or even 30% then it is no big deal, but if the costs to serve
underage participants are 60% or more and the revenue raised from
underage participants is closer to 15% then we have a problem.

With family discounts on membership fees, half price children and
family maximums (for a couple all children after the second are free)
I doubt the 15% level is reached.

Remember, while there are a lot of them, revenue wise they only count
as one-half or less .....

Cionaodh O'Hosey