[Ansteorra] Travel (was Re: Participation vs. Recruitment (long))

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Feb 3 16:08:51 PST 2012

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012, Randy Shipp <randyshipp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am in no way as experienced as most here, but my impression is
> that one of the most important benefits of a healthy SCA, Inc. and
> subsidiaries is the continued insurance coverage under which our
> hard-to-explain and sometimes mildly dangerous events are held.

13% of the 2011 SCA Inc. budget.
http://www.sca.org/officers/treasurer/2011budget.xlsx

I don't know enough to discuss it authoritatively.  I've read a
suggestion that having lots of assets attracts lawsuits, so smaller
groups don't have to worry about it as much.  I don't think the local
contra dance and country dance groups worry about incorporation and
insurance, and anyone who thinks that can't be dangerous has never
danced at Bryn Gwlad's Georgetown site, or danced with ... ah, better
not name names.

Daniel Lindum Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com