[Ansteorra] Underage Participation In The SCA

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Tue Feb 7 07:27:20 PST 2012

>> It is now apparent that having people underage participation in the SCA
>accounts for over 90% of all of our liabilities in the SCA.

>Where did you get this number?  Considering the huge liability potential of
>feasts, I suspect that is our number one liability issue.  I'm sure there
>are a couple of others before we even get to combat. You think child abuse
>cases are expensive? Consider the price tag for wrongful death.

The crucial number is $1,300,000. Unless we've paid out more than $130,000 for all other lawsuits, that 90% is a reasonable belief.

Incorrect, but reasonable. That's the problem with rare-event statistics. A single high-level case in 45 years is just not enough data to base anything on.

But until we start getting sued over feasts, there's even less data to call that a major liability issue.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin