[Ansteorra] Underage Participation In The SCA

Cionaodh O'Hosey CionaodhOHosey at verizon.net
Tue Feb 7 08:35:09 PST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 9:27 AM, Jay Rudin wrote:

> The crucial number is $1,300,000. Unless we've paid out more than
> $130,000 for all other lawsuits, that 90% is a reasonable belief.
>
> Incorrect, but reasonable. That's the problem with rare-event
> statistics. A single high-level case in 45 years is just not enough
> data to base anything on.

Add in the $500,000 in legal defense fees we have already paid out
and the threshold becomes $1,800,000 dollars, then add in the
ADDITIONAL amount that our insurance costs WILL GO UP because we have
settled a case of this nature for $1.3 million dollars (just like
your car insurance goes up because of a wreck) then over the long
haul most of our insurance costs will be because of this one
incidence and not because of all the other activities listed, of
course we would need transparency from the BOD and an insurance quote
for an all adult SCA and an insurance quote for a SCA that includes
underage participants to know either way for sure.

Cionaodh O'Hosey