[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner BurgBorrendohl at valornet.com
Tue Feb 7 18:44:02 PST 2012

On 2/7/2012 8:18 PM, Bill Toscano wrote:
> Can we remember through all this that a background check would not have
> kept Ben from being allowed to work with kids. He would have passed it.
Exactly.  Parents watch your kids!  Protect them from wolves, snakes,
wells, hurricanes, whatever...don't rely on background checks, a
friendly face or a government stamp of approval.  I don't like the fact
that this is necessary--it just is.  I don't like the fact that my cats
must be 'indoor only', but the world can be scary.  It can also be fun,
just be cautious.

As to feasts and poisoning, allergic reactions, etc.  Maybe we should
make everyone sign a waver saying "whatever may or may not happen to you
at this event is not the responsibility of SCA INC or any of it's
branches."  Enter at your own risk.  Might scare away a few, but...

By the way, I read something somewhere that Ur(?) and some other
ancients fell because of the number of law suits that entangled them to
the point they could no longer function.

Ismet