[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 7 19:05:51 PST 2012

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner
<BurgBorrendohl at valornet.com> wrote:
> As to feasts and poisoning, allergic reactions, etc.  Maybe we should make
> everyone sign a waver saying "whatever may or may not happen to you at this
> event is not the responsibility of SCA INC or any of it's branches."  Enter
> at your own risk.  Might scare away a few, but...

The Web has played bloody hell with my sarcasm detector (and my
grammar, spelling, and punctuation senses's are on there last leg).
If you were pulling our legs: well played, Ismet, well played.

If not: you need know that this is the current membership waiver,
and I'm sure the at-the-gate signin waiver is doubtless similar.
And they've been that draconian and sweeping for years.
-- Daniel de Lincoln, tmcd at panix.com

     The SCA makes no representations or claims as to the condition or
safety of the land, structures or surroundings, whether or not owned,
leased, operated or maintained by the SCA.

     I understand that all activities are VOLUNTARY and that I do not
have to participate unless I choose to do so. I understand that these
activities are potentially dangerous or harmful to my person or
property, and that by participating I voluntarily accept and assume
the risk of injury to myself or damage to my property.

     I understand that the SCA does NOT provide any insurance coverage
for my person or my property. I acknowledge that I am responsible for
my safety and my own health care needs, and for the protection of my
property.

     In exchange for allowing me to participate in these SCA activities
and events, I agree to release from liability, agree to indemnify, and
hold harmless the SCA, and any SCA agent, officer or SCA employee
acting within the scope of their duties, for any injury to my person
or damage to my property.