[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 7 20:18:50 PST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 10:08 PM, DonnelShaw at aol.com wrote:

> It has been suggested that all children should wear nametags which
> llow them to be re-united with their parents when they escape into
> he wild.
>
> Where this is a good idea on one level it is a bad idea on another
> level.  Years back it was the "in " thing to have a big cowboy belt
> with our names stamped on them. It came to a halt because the "bad"
> guys would read that name. Then call that child by name. The child
> would think it was safe.  That is why today we ask parents to put
> the child's name on the inside of the back pack or the part next to
> their body so it can not be read from a distance.
>
> Hospital wrist bands will still give you access to the child's info
> but can not be read from a distance.
>
> Donnel

I did not go into details, since this is discussed in the file I
mentioned. However, I did specifically say that the names on the tag
were those of the parents, not that of the child, for specifically
that reason. Tags can also be made with flaps and such so they can't
be easily read from a distance.

A "hospital" wrist band serves the same person.  As I mentioned I
didn't save the exact wording of how the other kingdoms rules were
written. It could well call for either method. It may well be that the
other kingdoms rules have in mind the parents supplying the tag,
rather than the event, and parents might not have easy access to
wristbands.

Either is better than not having anything.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris