[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Derek Harris eats.bugs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 12:39:58 PST 2012

I don't think banning kids is going to stop abuse (in the large assumption that it happens that often). Those that do the abusing aren't following the rules anyway, and I think you'll find it hard to tell a very interested person they can't participate because their kid can't (and yes, that's what you'll see). That would be discrimination against people with underage children.

The abuse is not the rule. If it were, the sca would have faded away long ago in a litany of lawsuits and settlement payments. Please don't mangle what present we have and can improve on by focusing on a future that likely will not be.

Derek Harris (via iPhone)