[Ansteorra] feasts and food safety

Deborah May auntdwen at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 8 12:24:15 PST 2012

When the Shire of the Wastelands was active we invited one of the sanitarians
from the local health department to come to our Arts and Sciences night for a
1-2 hour presentation on the basics of food safety.  It wasn't quite as involved
as food handler/food school classes (which are not required in Enid, OK, but
*are* required in other municipalities throughout OK.  I have no clue about
TX.), but it was very informative.  He had done a similar community service for
some of our local churches that really wanted to assist their members in
preparing tasty vittles for various church activities.

If you are interested and in the state of Oklahoma, you can go to the OK St
Health Department website at http://www.ok.gov/health/  There are a number of
links that might be useful.  It may be more challenging getting free assistance
in the larger Metro areas than it is out in the sticks.  We tend to have a
closer, more cooperative small town thing going on with our local agencies than
in either OKC or Tulsa.  But like Grandma used to say, "You don't ask, you don't
get none."

Blessings,
Dwen