[Ansteorra] Affecting my game...

Ian Dun Gillan ian1550 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 9 20:53:06 PST 2012

Greetings all,
There is a lot of discussion, and I do mean a lot going on. Frankly I have
been over this particular topic for several days now. I know that people
need to vent and speak their mind etc but when is enough really enough. Do
any of you know how the recent litigation and financial issues will affect
my play in the SCA? About the same as it did before it all happened...I am
still going to dress in the pre-16th century styled clothing that makes me
feel more comfortable than an old pair of levis and chucks. I am still going
to pack up a whole truck load of stuff for two people on a weekend event. I
am still going to hang out, have fun, and enjoy the company of friends,
family, and good folk all over the known world. Why am I going to do all
this...because that is what the SCA is for. We can worry about these issues
all we want and talk about them till our email providers send messages
warning about overfull inboxes and exceeding data plans but all that will
not change the SCA. There will still be chivalry, and honor, and the dream
that I pursue. Now my opinion may inflame some and hopefully inspire others,
take it how you will. All I ask is that when the next event rolls around
let's lay all these concerns aside and just try to enjoy it the way it was
when decades ago some college students held that medieval theme party and
never knew where it was going to go.

I wish all you the very best, and for a speedy return to posts about Gulf
War, Embroidery, and Earl Jean Paul's latest suit of armor.

Most Kindly
Ian Dun Gillan