[Ansteorra] List Ettiquette

Kerry Pratt kpratt at sw.rr.com
Fri Feb 10 05:01:42 PST 2012

Once again I find myself needing to go over some basic rules for our list:

1. This is an SCA list and should be focused on those things that effect our Kingdom and our game.
2. The values of our game should always be in play here.  Honor and courtesy should be practiced at all times even if
you can't do the others.
3. No personal attacks, name calling, or flame baiting will be tolerated.  Ever.  Don't do it.

Some other things to think about:
Trim your posts.
Don't hold private conversations on the list.  If your comments are specifically for one or two people then take it off
list.
Agree to disagree when necessary.  You will not convince everyone to come to your side.  On some issues, the battle
lines are clearly drawn by factors that you cannot influence. Continuing arguments, long after you have made your point,
will only cause hurt feelings.

Last thing,
These are your friends on this list and you will see them at an event somewhere, at some time.  Don't say anything here,
lulled by the false sense of internet anonymity, that will lose you a friend in reality.  If no one is playing then you
don't get to play either.  SCA events revolve around people.  Themes are important but events require people to work
them and people to attend them.  You can't fight by yourself.  You won't get much satisfaction out of winning Kingdom
A&S if you are the only entrant.  Think about it before you hit enter on your next post.

William Cameron deBlakstan
Webminister, Ansteorra