[Ansteorra] Royal Huntsman - Special Tourney Rules***

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:52:05 PST 2012

> It certainly beats seeing standardized distances and
> international circle targets being used (aka royal rounds).
>
> Haraldr Bassi

I once lived somewhere that did shoots at 3D targets in the woods. It
was set up a bit like a golf course where you walked along a path and
stopped to shoot at each thing, and we did the course in small groups.
One archer at a time would step up to the beginning of the line, you
could move forward along the line all the way to the end, but never
backward, so you had to guess whether it was a good time to shoot, or
if you took another step or two the shot would get better. You'd only
get one shot at each target. Certainly added to the realism, but not
much room for spectators, unless they too were wiling to come along
for a walk in the woods. Also not too kind to arrows, you'd be
surprised how hard it is to see a tree 3 yards in front of you when
you're sighting at a deer 20 yards away. We set up little "arrow
graveyards" so future archers would get an idea how bad a particular
target was. Most fun I ever had at a shoot.

We ever do shoots like that in these parts?

~Eve