[Ansteorra] Royal Huntsman - Special Tourney Rules***

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:19:57 PST 2012

Actually no. I ran this shoot a couple of years ago at Grand Assembly of
Archers. The ruling was that if the person shooting the crossbow is
completely separated from the fighter and they never actually come in
contact at all it can be done.

Think of it as shooting at the dukes in an arcade. We had it set so that
the people shooting were on a standard archery shooting line. We then
had some fighters that agreed to armor up and take the field as targets.
The fighters were not allowed to get within 15' of the archers so there
was no chance of physical contact. The fighters also had a line on each
side that they could not cross and then the actual boundary lines were
outside of that.

The fighters would taunt the archers and laugh at them to try to get
them to take shots.

The contest was a huge success! Several people decided afterwards that
they wanted to start doing Combat Archery:-)

Sorry Dante:-)

Vincenti