[Ansteorra] buying recorders (was: iso dance)

Randy Shipp randyshipp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:56:58 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM, ledonna mcgowan <ledmcgowan at gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW:  If you took my recorder class at the last King's College I need to
> warn you that Lyons has changed the way they make their recorders and they
> are no longer in tune through out the registers.  Not worth the money any
> more.

Delphina,

Would you agree with the recommendation for the Yamaha 300 series
then?  And to all of you, if one was just wanting to tip one's toe
into things (and not buy the set of four recorders), which recorder
would be the best to start with?  Something like this C-Soprano?
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-3-Piece-C-Soprano-Recorder-Brown/dp/B0002EB5U8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329324910&sr=8-2

--Antoine