[Ansteorra] buying recorders (was: iso dance)

Adalia adalia.nyx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:05:16 PST 2012

This is a GREAT starter recorder.  Eventually, you'll need some recorder
grease to put the pieces together and allow for tuning to play with other
instruments (it comes in a little tub similar to carmex lip balm).  This is
exactly what I recommend when I start teaching someone to play.  I will say
that you can sometimes find the same recorder in a more neutral color
scheme so that it doesn't stand out quite so much when playing at events,
but even that is a minimal consideration.  :)

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Randy Shipp <randyshipp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM, ledonna mcgowan <ledmcgowan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > BTW:  If you took my recorder class at the last King's College I need to
> > warn you that Lyons has changed the way they make their recorders and
> they
> > are no longer in tune through out the registers.  Not worth the money any
> > more.
>
> ----------
> Delphina,
>
> Would you agree with the recommendation for the Yamaha 300 series
> then?  And to all of you, if one was just wanting to tip one's toe
> into things (and not buy the set of four recorders), which recorder
> would be the best to start with?  Something like this C-Soprano?
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-3-Piece-C-Soprano-Recorder-Brown/dp/B0002EB5U8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329324910&sr=8-2
>
> --Antoine

HL Adalia VonderBerg

There are two ways to be creative.  One can sing and dance.  OR one can
create an environment where singers and dancers flourish - Warren Bennis