[Ansteorra] buying recorders (was: iso dance)

ledonna mcgowan ledmcgowan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 04:45:27 PST 2012

Most people don't transpose with recorders like they do with say clarinets
and trumpets.  You just learn a different fingering for the alto/bass
recorders and everyone reads in C ... just like voices would.

I transpose for my kids because I want to focus on making music rather then
them learning a new fingering system.  Musicality is more important to me.
We talk about why we have the extra notes on the music and how if they
really want to be good they will learn the other fingerings and I have a
few that can transpose parts but not many.

Delphina