[Ansteorra] Fw: [SCA-Chirurgeon] Rethinking the hydration paradigm

Sir Lyonel sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 08:27:34 PST 2012

Salut mes fras,

For over two decades, I fought in wars and tournaments, always starting the day drinking a huge cup of coffee with a shot of espresso. I also drank coffee at breaks, weather permitting. I was lectured time and again on the dangers of dehydration I faced due to my intake of caffeine.

I suffered heat exhaustion--actually passed out and woke up in a moving cart-- exactly once: on the second day of Uprising, in a mountain campsite in Idaho. On that day--hot, dry, high altitude--I had no coffee. We'd forgotten to pack it.

Anecdotal evidence, you say? I call it data.

En Lyonel--fueled by caffeine

Sent from my iPhone