[Ansteorra] Shadowlands War Practice Re-Cap

Kira Langsjoen kolfinnakyrii at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 11:26:21 PST 2012

We had a fantastic turnout at the Shadowlands War Practice yesterday.  I saw faces from Ravensfort, Stargate, Loch Sollier, and Bryn Gwlad (catch me if I've missed somewhere).  I counted at least 20 rapier fighters, 13 chivalric fighters, and 8 combat archers in attendance. In total, I think I counted over 50 people.  Excellent!  Once we got everyone out to the field and armoured up, we had authorizations and melee scenarios running all day.  I couldn't have wished for better weather if I'd wanted to.

I contacted the marshals who were conducting authorizations yesterday, and I'd like to give a quick shoutout to our newest authorizees (I think I got everyone.).

 We had two fighters authorized for combat archery:
        Ayla Du Val from Raven's Fort
        Rayyah Bint Num from Stargate
 We had five fighters authorized for rapier combat:
        Heather and Ace from Ravensfort
        Stuart from Loch Sollier
        Paul and Luther from the Shadowlands
 We had three fighters authorized for chivalric combat:
        Andreas for chivlaric combat
        Orin Kettleson on spear
 and We had two people authorized as chivalric marshals:
        Aldred and Kite from Shadowlands.

Congratulations to you all.  Please let me know if I've missed anyone, and please forgive me if I've misspelled any names.

I'd also like to recognize all of the marshals who came out and made this day possible (you know who you are), the volunteers who donated water and cups, the people who hung up banners to mark our location, and everyone who helped tote gear to and from the parking lot.  Your helped make this day a complete success.

kolfinna in kyrra Otarsdottir