[Ansteorra] Last GW Volunteer Point Note

Elsa elsavonschammach at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:56:11 PST 2012

Gulf War Preregistration is closed, and we've already started the last full
week before people start leaving for War! (eep!) This is the last update
I'm sending out since we're nearly past the "planning" place and about to
get fully into the "doing" place.

Hopefully you've thought about your upcoming time at War and have made at
least a vague plan on how to maximize your enjoyment. Perhaps that plan
includes bringing a handful of your friends along with you to Volunteer.
Everything is made better by good company!

I've heard other plans as well: If you will be working on crafts in your
camp at War, consider putting a coupon on the Above and Beyond table for
one-on-one instruction in that art, including the necessary resources
during the course of instruction. Or, if you have an art that would lend
itself to a Starter Kit kind of package, consider including with that kit a
note for how to find you at (and after) War in case there are questions.

I'll make a round of all Ansteorran camps on Monday and Thursday mornings
to bring updates of what areas need your help, and to pick up chits that
are ready to be turned in. I apologize in advance that I won't be ferrying
prizes and feathers this year. There are too many Ansteorrans at War
(that's a good kind of problem!) for that to be reasonable, but the
paperwork will reflect that your items have not been picked up so you can
do so when you are able.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing you there!
~Elsa

--
So if knowing is half the battle, what's the other half? Halberds.