[Ansteorra] Offering help

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Mon Jan 16 00:38:08 PST 2012

greetings

but the point is , to have manners,to show consideration, to act as you wish
others to act towards you ,to offer in the 1st place.
too many times no one bothers to offer.
and even if the lady is a fighter, she's still a lady and the offer should
be made.
( in this day and age, with our aging core group, it doesn't hurt to ask
anyone if they would like assistance, not just the ladies ; )
I was once yelled at and called sexist because I held the door open for a "
lady ", I now hold doors for everyone ; )
the same applies to cleaning the site, especially the area you used ( camp,
classroom, list field, etc. ) , before you leave an event .
I would rather pick up a fully loaded bag of trash from every camp site,
than spend 20 min. at each camp picking up others cig butts,booze bottles
and candy wrappers.
unfortunately, I'm usually picking up others loose trash : /
just plain bad manners, a reflection on today's society where such rudeness
is considered " normal" after all someone else will surely clean up after
them like the  small children they are acting like......
the modern world creeps in on all of us, but I believe that changing "
attitudes " have more to do with the decline in memberships than anything
other than money .( both expense, and lack of )
flash camera's in court,  being in so much of a rush that people forget to
be courteous, cell phones ringing at feast, or court, leaving a mess behind
every where people go, forgetting to say please and thank you.
even personal codes of honor that allow such things as cheating, rules
lawyering,exceptions in case they don't like a person, etc.
it seems that while we are looking much more " period, we are acting much
more " modern " , or in all likely hood, acting much more as the period
nobility really acted, instead of the " dream " nobility we started out
trying to become : /

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur