[Ansteorra] Digests & Trimming

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 04:15:41 PST 2012

At 07:25 PM 1/25/2012, you wrote:

>I understand that digest lengths can suck (I subscribe by digest to
>other lists), but I don't even have the option to trim on my phone.
>I almost always trim otherwise, but it would be nice if everyone
>could just get along. The digest length seems to be the price that
>digest folks pay to get a digest instead of twenty individual
>e-mails. An occasional reminder to please trim is one thing, but
>constant reminders along with sarcastic commentary really feels like
>overkill to me. (And these reminder e-mails may be just as
>irritating to us as the lengths are to you, making them a little ironic.)
>
>-R the O

Is it worth pointing out that the requests for folks to trim their
posts were all from *different* people, and all at about the same
time? It looked to me like several people got fed up with the overly
long posts on this subject and sent in trim requests more-or-less
simultaneously; it wasn't one person complaining over and over again.

         -Tivar Moondragon