[Ansteorra] Participation vs. Recruitment (long)

Casey Weed seoseaweed at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:33:06 PST 2012

Well, I'd say that largely depends on how they participate online and
locally.  For instance- and I don't know how this springs to mind- a person
on the internet who isn't thoughtful and doesn't play locally might effect
the SCA about the same as a person who just shows up to events and
consumes.

You know the type: "I paid mah ten buhcks, and ah gots my junkie lookin
armor that I haven't updated in 15 years, and ahm heer tah kick sum butt in
mah sneakers and drink and have sum peeple wait on me at feast.  I ain't
gotta practice, or teach, or "run no children's activities"... ahm jus
gunna fite."

If you hang an argument on what is added to the stew, maybe this is the
area you should be leading the charge on as far as reform goes.  I mean,
I'm sure we all know someone... or more, even... who just go to these
kingdom events as pure consumers, right?