[Ansteorra] recruitment

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 18:11:34 PST 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Ld.blackmoon <ld.blackmoon at cox.net> wrote:
> greetings
>
> ok, I admit it I'm an old fart.
> when I started, if an able bodied male let a lady carry anything
> that even looked like it was heavy or cumbersome , the male was looked at as
> a lout, and a lay about ( crude and lazy ) but I now see ladies loading
> their trucks, setting up and tearing down their own camps, carrying large
> baskets , pulling heavy wagons, etc, and young men, and fighters ( whom one
> would suspect were able bodied ) constantly ignore , walk right by, or even
> sit and watch as the ladies do the heavy lifting etc.

To be fair, some of us ladies are ALSO fighters :) It's nice to be
offered assistance, but part of that offer must also be a willingness
to accept a "no thank you, I've got this". I have had people force
their assistance on me, even going so far as grabbing my things out of
my hands, and that's really not a comfortable situation either. If I
really want help, I'm not too shy to ask for it. I do appreciate when
people offer though, even if I sometimes decline.

~Eve