[Ansteorra] Participation vs. Recruitment

Cionaodh O'Hosey CionaodhOHosey at verizon.net
Tue Jan 24 17:51:29 PST 2012

Charter painting is one of the best examples of the kind of local
activity i am trying to promote. It is a local activity totally
dedicated to preparing for and improving our events. It also leads to
great opportunities for all of us to share the SCA with our friends
and families as they come over to our house and see the beautiful
work done by our friends For us celebrating our contributions to the
wonderful game we all love!

The type of local activities I would question are the ones that have
no direct connection to more activity from more people or "pretty" at
calendar events. When you have to use terms like "it could lead to
more .... " or "It might cause more .." or "someone might ...." that
is the activity i find questionable in the quest for more attendance
at calendar events.

Cionaodh O'Hosey