[Ansteorra] Same-Gender Consort Proposal

Elisabeth B. Zakes kitharis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:33:46 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Ld.blackmoon <ld.blackmoon at cox.net> wrote:

> but since this issue could wind up becoming another expensive legal battle
> in the united states, it looks like the bod is trying to get a larger
> portion of the populaces opinion before it commits to anything one way or
> another. ( on several issues )
> as a form of corporate c m a , so that they can say we just did what the
> populace wanted us to do , when / if  they again have to go collecting
> large sums of money from all the kingdoms / groups to pay another set of
> legal fees and court ordered settlements ...

I seriously doubt that if this was prompted by a legal issue they would
poll the populace for a majority opinion as a CYA. Instead, they would take
steps to follow the law without resorting to a poll. No "we just did what
the populace wanted" claim would ever cover anything illegal. We had/have
legal counsel to help the Board make exactly those sorts of calls.

now an odd question , to date , just how many people have been found "
> undesirable " and rejected for competition in crown tourney for any reason
> ??
> is there this whole set of ansteorrans that one or more kings have found
> to be undesirable, unworthy , evil , psychotic ,too broke,  etc .  ??
> if so were the undesirables chosen due to financial, personal, sexual , or
> business reasons ??
> or was the populace left to guess as has been proposed will happen in the
> case of same sex consorts ??

That information is never made public, so only past crowns and/or their
advisors could answer the question, and they won't for confidentiality
reasons.

Remember all, that the poll is to collect feedback on the proposed change
in wording, not whether or not to implement the wording. First it has to be
worked out what to say, and THEN decided whether it will go in at all.

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad