[Ansteorra] Questions about crowns and crown tournaments

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 04:45:07 PDT 2012

At 12:45 AM 7/20/2012, you wrote:

>Thank you for responding to my post and yes that
>question was rhetorical question and was in
>response to the comments that same sex crowns
>(there than brothers or father/son) are not
>historically accurate. The rest were real and
>included: Why would someone be denied entrance
>in Crown Tournament? Who would be hurt if
>someone with a same sex consort was allowed to
>compete? Other than Queen’s champion possibly
>being renamed for six months what other reason
>(besides historical) can anyone use to justify
>not opening the tournament to same sex couples?

Are "historical" reasons not important? I kind of
thought that the whole purpose of the SCA was to study history.

Granted, there are times when modern
sensibilities may supersede historical precedent
(and this may be one of them) but if history
*isn't* important to the SCA, then we may as well all stay home and play D&D.

         -Tivar Moondragon