[Ansteorra] Questions about crowns and crown tournaments

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 15:09:40 PDT 2012

At 01:24 AM 7/21/2012, you wrote:

>I thought that when Hector was consort it was still called Queens
>Champion.  I
>may be wrong.  I wasn't around then.  Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
>My only point was really that there is already a male Rose.  I don't see a
>problem with having others.  Or having other women who win Crown in their own
>right.  And to say that I didn't think it would *have* to be
>renamed.  I'm not a
>member of the rapier community so I really don't have a horse in this race.
>
>So when Rowan won, did she have a chiv fighter as her champion or a rapier
>fighter?

As I said day before yesterday:

When Rowan was Queen in her own right, she had a Queen's Champion,
chosen by rapier combat in the usual way. The following day we also
had a King's Rapier Champion list for Hector.

Bear in mind that this was several years before we started the
tradition of having the King's Champion list on the morning of
Coronation. The list of Queen's Champions on the Ansteorran heraldic
website says Galen Nicolli was Rowan's Queen's Champion
  http://herald.ansteorra.org/OP/op-awards.php?submit=List&id=18 and
that Hector-as-consort had *two* champions: Thorland O'Shea for
rapier and Patrick Michael Gordonne for armored.
http://herald.ansteorra.org/OP/op-awards.php?submit=List&id=12 It's
possible that the list is incorrect and Pat was actually the
Sovereign's Champion (i.e. Rowan's) not the King's Champion; I don't
remember at this point.

         -Tivar Moondragon
         fossil-in-residence