[Ansteorra] Same-Gender Consort Proposal

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:12:18 PDT 2012

At 11:03 AM 7/17/2012, you wrote:

>I think you would have to be a bit of a self deprecating masochist
>to want to do it, but both Gwen and myself are more than capable of
>ruling alone. It would be a
>terrible experience for either of us because we each have skills that
>compliment one another. If a decision is needed NOW for instance, I'm
>your man (read I can be a bit rash). If something needs to be organized
>and coordinated in the long term, she's your gal. I would have been
>lost in the database of awards. She would be lost in the Put Up Your Dux
>tourney. etc... etc...  In short, it would be more difficult but far
>from impossible.
>

>Lochlan

Except for one minor detail: Unless the Board also changes the way
Crowns are chosen, we're going to see darn few solo Queens on the
throne. In the entire history of the SCA, we've had *one* Queen by
right of arms. In that same timeframe we've had maybe half a dozen
territorial Princesses by right of arms.

And as a rapie fighter, White Scarf, leader of the Legion of
Swashbucklers and Elisabethan gentleman, I *really* don't like the
idea of not having a Queen.

         -Tivar Moondragon