[Ansteorra] Same-Gender Consort Proposal

Salvador Ordoñez salvadorthespaniard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 15:48:02 PDT 2012

I think the point is to allow people to be able to choose their consort or inspiration, rather than being forced to go outside their home to find that intense working partner. What if someone just wants to hold throne with their partner, because of how romantic an idea that would be? And the point that many people have made is that tradition is not historicity, and there are lot of examples of same-sex couples holding the throne (regardless of their historical relationship).

I have seen little on this list to indicate that people are opposed to the idea of allowing whatever pairing we want. I hope that the BoD takes such steps. However, for those who are not gay, you might have a hard time understanding why people who may have grown up living in secret DO NOT want to celebrate that fact in any way.

Salvador Ordoñez
MKA Derek Harris