[Ansteorra] Same-Gender Consort Proposal

Rose rose_welch at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 16:27:07 PDT 2012

AS Zorzi,

If I understand you correctly, you are asking why not
 choose an alternative to Inspirational Equality, an alternative to
striking those four words from Corpora? What's wrong with a little
forced personae play?

Those are good questions. For the
answers, I refer you to Mistress Gunnvors' email, in which she expounded
 the feelings she has regarding our current separate-but-equal policies.
 I assure you that there are many, many other Ansteorrans - hard working
 members and officers - who share those feelings.

We're why
not. Those feelings are what's wrong with our current policy. Respect
for Mistress Gunnvor, myself, and everyone else that was ever denied
something as simple as the right to enter a procession and fight for
their chosen consort, based on something so arbitrary and outside of
their control, such as skin color or genitalia are why not. A lack of
compassion for people who have had (and some who still have) to 'force
persona play' *in real life* because of their gender and sexual
preference, and for those whom are still painfully aware of that history
 is what's wrong with that. I hope that answers your questions.

Respectfully,
Lady Rose de la Rose

Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile. ~Hippocrates