[Ansteorra] Questions about crowns and crown tournaments--dead kings

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jul 20 07:43:56 PDT 2012

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner
<BurgBorrendohl at valornet.com> wrote:
> Interestingly, I once attended a Calontiri Coronation where the
> first part of the day was a funeral and mourning of the outgoing
> Crown.
> Of course, the former King was later miraculously resurrected.

Yeah, that last sentence is the major problem I have with the notion.

I have more problems with assassination successions.  They want us to
believe that they have murdered their predecessors and usurped their
places, and I'm supposed to declare loyalty to them?

BTW, I have remembered a bit about another period case.  I once read,
probably on rec.org.sca, that there were medieval German tourneying
societies that had replaceable kings.  Unfortunately, I know nothing
more than that, and since I don't know a source, in a sense I don't
even *know* that.  If anyone ever gets any more information, I'd love
to see it.

Danihel Lindecolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com