[Ansteorra] Crown by Right of Arms

Adam Edwards wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Thu Jul 26 08:51:10 PDT 2012

Hello Everyone.
      Not sure if this has been pointed out but WAY back before there
were lines on the maps and people were dividing up the land I'm pretty
sure that the "King" was who ever could take it and hold it. Now given
the impracticality of holding an Intra-Kingdom  War twice a year I think
having the Right of Arms in the form of a Tournament is a wonderfully
Creative Anachronism and isn't quite as far from History as people seem
to want to make it out to be.

      We could go with a Witenagemot but we can't really prove they
every REALLY decided on who the King was and even then it was only from
within the extended Royal Family.

In Service,
      Wilim